The EPC is a survey of your property to inform you how energy efficient it is. The inspection involves a site visit of approximately one hour to:
* calculate the volume of the property
* take photographic evidence of any heat sources, control systems and insulation
* identify the date of and construction type of the main property and any extensions
* check the type of glazing
* calculate the percentage of low energy lights in fixed outlets
The EPC includes recommendations on how to improve the energy efficiency of the property. The higher the rating the lower the fuel bills so tenants are more likely to afford the rent.