HB Tunnelling Ltd
Pipejacking is an underground technique for the installation of pipelines, culverts and ducts. This is a technique in which powerful hydraulic jacks push well designed pipes through the ground behind a shield. Whilst the pipe is pushed through the earth, excavation takes place within the shield.
Pipe jacking benefits include:
- Excellent flow of characteristics after smooth internal finish.
- No disruption to traffic or pedestrians
- No requirement for a secondary lining
- Minimal surface disruption
- Less joints than a segmental tunnel