Screen printed shirts do not require a lot of special care to last, but you can do simple tricks to make them look good as new even after several washings. Screen prints are excellent for expressing your artsy side and making your own fashion statement, but they are more commonly used as promotional giveaways and branding tools. Either way, you can use the following tips and tricks to make sure your screen printed shirts last for as long as you need or want them to:
2. Sometimes, shirts bleed colour. It is better to allow this natural process until the water runs clear (about a couple of washings) instead of hastening it by using a laundry detergent or solution that is colour-safe. Just be sure to launder the colour bleeding shirt separately so as not to ruin your other clothes. The bleeding actually helps loosen up the shirt's fabrics, making it more comfortable to wear.
3. Wash your screen printed shirts using warm water, and remember to turn them inside out so as not to damage the design when machine washing. Do not twist-dry the shirt and avoid wringing it hard. Tumble and spin drying better preserves the design.
4. Air drying is also a good solution, especially if you want to conserve electricity. However, you want to avoid direct sunlight on your screen-printed shirt, as the UV light might affect the design's appearance. Hang the shirt inside out to protect the design.
5. It is highly recommended that you use fabric softener on a freshly printed shirt. Most of the time, screen-printed shirts come out stiff due to the thickness of the ink used in reinforcing colours and designs. Using a softening agent helps loosen the stiffness and make the shirt more wearable.
6. Be careful when ironing over screen printed designs. While many ink types are resistant to iron heat, some tend to crack, soften and stick under extreme heat, ruining the design. Ironing the shirt inside out is a perfect solution to preserve the design.
About The Author:
This article is written by Justin, who is associated with Reinspire which is a t-shirt printing company based in Cardiff. The company deals in embroidery, vinyl, screen printing and custom t-shirt printing services. They do custom print for Guys, girls and kids that too at cheaper prices in Cardiff. They offer huge range of custom printed clothing’s and their services are available all over the United Kingdom. Contact Information:
Unit a11, garth works taffs well.
Ph no: 08452932699
Email: info@ reinspire.co.uk
Website : http://www.reinspire.co.uk/