Burnham Surveying Services Ltd
property consultants, Building Surveyors, Property Surveyors
The Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) gives home owners, tenants and buyers information on the energy efficiency of their property. It gives the building a standard energy and carbon emission efficiency grade from ‘A’ to ‘G’, where ‘A’ is the most efficient. The average efficiency grade to date is 'D'.
An EPC is required when a building is constructed, rented or sold. A building will need an EPC if it has a roof and walls and uses energy to ‘condition an indoor climate’. This means it has heating, air conditioning or mechanical ventilation. The ratings are measured using the same calculations for all homes, so you can compare the energy efficiency of different properties.
EPCs are valid for ten years. An EPC must be less than three years old when the building is first put on the market. The report lists:
• suggested improvements (such as fitting loft insulation).
• the approximate cost and availability of Green Deal Financing
• possible cost savings per year if the improvements are made.
• how this would change the energy and carbon emission rating of the property.
You can use this information to:
• cut your fuel bills.
• improve energy performance in your home & help cut carbon emissions.
• help you choose a more energy efficient home to rent or buy.
You do not have to act on the recommendations contained in the recommendation report. However, if you decide to do so, then it could make your property more attractive for sale or rent by making it more energy efficient. Should you need help with a specification or technical advice we are here to help, simply call us on 01179 230 2050.
, Energy Assessments
, Energy Perfromance Certificates
, house surveying
, property consultants
, Property Surveyors
Contact Burnham Surveying Services Ltd
Email - none provided
Print this page