Fibre Optic Cabling Design Software
BBN International Limited
fiber, Optical fibre, fibre optic cables
BBN International introduces the Trace Technolgies Photonic Interconnect Designer (PISD).
PISD is a unique software application to help fibre optic system engineers with the design and validation of fibre optic cable harnesses.
PISD provides the perfect environment for system engineers to confidently produce and replicate fibre optic cable harnesses – and to do so right first time, every time.
Adoption of PISD will provide systems engineers with a tool that:
* Ensures the harness design is right first time, every time
* Automatically determines if the harness design meets the system’s power budget
* Automatically determines if the harness design meets the system’s bandwidth requirements
* Accurately models attenuation and dispersion of fibre optic signals using advanced ray-tracing techniques
* Provides complete documentation
* Supports the drive to reduce the size and weight of cabling harnesses with the potential to reduce fuel costs in vehicles such as aircraft
The reduction in time spent on complex design issues such as loss budgets and the non-procurement of components for pre-prototype build, will also allow fibre optic cable harnesses to be introduced more quickly and less expensively. A design service is also available.
More information here: http://www.bbnint.co.uk/instruments/index.asp
, fiber optic cable
, Fiber Optic Cables
, Fibre Cables
, fibre optic cables
, Optical Connectors
, Optical fibre
, Optical Fibres
, optical networking
, optical networks