Mike is an experienced trainer and training manager. In the past he has been convenor of a Scottish based voluntary sector disability consortium.
Since commencing his business in 2003, Mike has designed and delivered training to a wide range of agencies and organisations, including:
- The Open University: with whom Mike lectures at different levels from Foundation to Management, and for whom he has acted as a specialist reader and exam setter on Social Work and the Law in Scotland
- Mike has designed and delivered management training for Borders, East and Midlothian Councils' Registered Managers Programme, and has also assessed managers for their VQ
- Mike has designed and delivered a number of courses for Training for Care, an Edinburgh based national training provider, and has acted as VQ Assessor for them for several years
- With colleagues at St Andrew's University, Mike has designed and delivered several training programmes to Shetland Island Council learning disability service staff
- Scottish Consortium Learning Disability have engaged Mike to deliver several training programmes to Borders Council social service staff
- Organisations that have contracted with Mike to deliver one off training events include: Catherine Bowie Training; the Law Society of Scotland; Management Development Network ; Scottish Social Services Council; Voluntary Sector Social Services Workforce Unit
Mike is skilled in working with organisations to explore their training needs, to assist them in putting together programmes, and in identifying and engaging trainers to deliver, as well as delivering himself. He has particular interests in bringing staff together from diffferent organisations, or from different levels within organisations, and also in working with users and providers of services together.