Sandstone Way - GPS Hire
handheld gps, gps hire, Sandstone Way
The Sandstone Way is a new 120 miles / 192km (approx) mountain biking route between Berwick Upon Tweed and Hexham along the Sandstone Ridge in North Northumberland, linking numerous sandstone features, crags and outcrops. The route traverses through an amazing ever-changing landscape which is rich in history, geological features and iconic scenery.
Both Hexham and Berwick upon Tweed are served by rail. Between these two towns, the route passes through numerous villages and small communities including Wooler, Rothbury and Bellingham. It has been designed to safely cross rivers, main roads and railways.
The Sandstone Way is designed for mountain bikers and as much of the route as possible is off-road. It will appeal to riders of all abilities and most will take 3 or 4 days to complete it. The 'fit' and the 'fast' could possibly ride the route in 2 days but in all probability most would wish they had taken 3 days.
Navigate the Route Easily - Hire one of our GPS Devices
- Call us to arrange hire of your GPS device.
- We can post to your home address for you to post back to us when finished, alternatively we can provide a collection / drop off point at the start & finish of the route.
GPS Device Information
- Compact easy to use GPS device.
- Installed with colour OS 1:50k mapping, including the Sandstone Way Route.
- Supplied with universal bike mount & one set of batteries.
- Supplied with quick start guide on how to use the GPS and navigate the route.
, handheld gps
, Long Distance Cycle Route
, Mountain Bike GPS
, Sandstone Way