What is Chairobics?
Chairobics is a low-impact exercise class that takes place whilst seated, rather than standing. Filipe, our fully qualified gym instructor and personal trainer, takes you through a fun and varied rhythm based regime of exercise that is designed to maintain and improve all aspects of fitness.
Who attends a Chairobics Class?
- People returning from serious injury or operations (including caesarean sections)
- People new to exercise
- Arthritis sufferers
- Parkinson sufferers
- Multiple Sclerosis sufferers
- Anyone else who might think they can reap the rewards of a Chairobics workout
What aspects of fitness does Chairobics impact?
- Cardiovascular fitness, by elevating the heart rate and encouraging blood flow to the entire musculoskeletal system by exercising the whole body.
- Flexibility and mobility, by performing pain free stretches and mobility exercises that help maintain and improve your mobility and flexibility
- Muscle strength, using elastic physiobands and physioballs
- Mental cognition, as there is an element of rhythm and choreography to the class that utilises the brain