Bookkeeping and VAT Returns

By: Lithgow Perkins LLP  06/06/2011
Keywords: Accounting & Bookkeeping, Accounting & Bookkeeping Services, bookkeeping services


All business need to record their accounting transactions during the year to comply with the Taxes Acts. Larger business need to prepare quarterly or monthly VAT returns based on their accounting transactions during the relevant period. Well kept and up to date accounting records are essential to the running of any business and good records are vital to protect you from any unforeseen additional tax that may arise as a result of a or VAT Inspection.

Keeping accurate, up to date records is a burden for any business. Where this task falls to the owner manager, it is also a distraction from getting on with running your business. For larger clients, you may wish to save costs by using us to outsource your accounting function. Outsourcing your bookkeeping to us also means you are not relying on any one individual who may be absent due to holiday or sickness.

Our fully computerised bookkeeping and VAT service is designed to give you confidence that your accounting records and VAT are up to date so that you can concentrate on business strategy. In addition we can also produce regular based on our bookkeeping work.

We have a dedicated bookkeeping department that can help in the following ways:

  • reminding you of deadlines and requesting information in good time
  • processing payments, receipts purchases and sales invoices
  • preparing sales/ purchase ledgers / preparing VAT returns
  • assisting with invoicing and payments
  • assisting with VAT inspections

VAT Inspections can be stressful and time consuming. Where we prepare clients VAT returns, VAT Inspections are usually carried out on our premises and initial queries can usually be cleared up by our staff. This saves you the time and trouble of dealing with the VAT Inspectors yourself and usually ensures that inspections are completed quickly with minimal or no adjustments.

If you want to find out more about our bookkeeping and VAT return service and how it may work for you, please contact Joe Taylor, at   or call Joe on 01423 564446

Keywords: Accounting & Bookkeeping, Accounting & Bookkeeping Services, bookkeeping services

Other products and services from Lithgow Perkins LLP


Retirement strategies

  Everyone hopes to maintain the same standard of living in retirement that they enjoy while working, but to achieve


Capital gains tax

  Whenever you dispose of a capital asset, there is the possibility that you will need to pay tax on


Estate planning

  There are many aspects to implementing a personal tax planning strategy and we discuss these in our pages but


VAT planning

  Value added tax is one of the most complex and onerous tax regimes imposed on business - so complex


Planning for success

  Everyone knows that a successful business must plan ahead, but all too often the pressures of keeping the business


Business tax planning

  Unincorporated businesses pay income tax and companies pay corporation tax. Whichever type of tax you pay it represents a


Business start-up

  Most people who start up in business do so because they have a good business proposition and the enterprise


Tax returns

  Self assessment has been with us for some time now but it still manages to confuse many people –


Company secretarial

  The last thing you need as a busy business owner is to use up valuable time and resources making



  Administering your payroll can be time consuming and burdensome. Even then are you always sure you have got it


Management accounts

  Every business has a duty under the Taxes Acts to keep accurate and up to date records. We can


Personal tax planning

  With the tax regime becoming more complex and more emphasis being put on taxpayers’ individual responsibilities, everyone who is



  An audit is an independent review of your accounts by a person qualified under the Companies Act to say


Annual tax compliance

  Once a business has produced its for the year it needs to complete and file either a corporation tax