Domestic Gas Training & Assessment Package (Initial & Reassessment)

By: East Riding Training Solutions Ltd  08/12/2010
Keywords: Domestic Gas Courses

This course is a 3 day course which builds up a good knowledge and understanding of Gas Safety & Flues. Training and assessment covers the identification and management of the source of fumes, smells and spillages, leaks of combustion products, and carbon monoxide activation;  the use of electronic portable combustion analysers in the measurement of carbon monoxide and the determination of combustion performance; responding to measurements obtained from electronic portable combustion gas analysers; the use of electronic portable combustion gas analysers as part of the process of servicing and maintaining gas fired appliances.

CCN1 Training & Assessment

Training will be given on any updates and changes to Gas Safety, Flues and Gas Legislation* that have been implemented within the last 5 Years.

*this area is only a requirement if your qualifications expired over a year ago as such you are attending the unit as an initial candidate 

Training also covers servicing, installation, repair, fault finding and theory for the following

appliance areas (0.5 days per appliance):-


CEN 1              Domestic central heating/hot water boilers (<70 kW input)

WAT 1             Domestic natural gas instantaneous water heaters

HTR1               Domestic gas fires and wall heaters

CKR1               Domestic natural gas cookers

MET2               Domestic natural gas meters (install/exchange primary and secondary meters)

DAH1               Domestic natural gas air heaters (>70 kW input)

LAU1               Gas fired domestic laundry appliances

CPA 1             Covers the knowledge and understanding required for the analysis of  combustion   

                       products. It is a legal requirement for anyone working on

                       central heating boilers or fires to hold this qualification


Each module has its own assessment and on completion you will be issued a certificate from our awarding body BPEC. Once you have received your certificate you can then apply to Gas Safe to become registered on the Gas Safe Register.

Keywords: Domestic Gas Courses

Contact East Riding Training Solutions Ltd


Print this page