Thetford Transport Training is a registered training provider and offers Driver CPC Periodic Training approved training courses. The Driver CPC is a scheme for professional LGV drivers that will be implemented on 10th September 2009.
· Being introduced across EU simultaneously by EU Directive (2003/59/EC)
· New Initial Qualification
· Periodic Training (ongoing requirement)
· DSA is the competent authority for implementation on behalf of the Department for Transport
· Implementation date for PCV 10th September 2008 for LGV 10th September 2009
Who is affected?
· Any lorry over 3.5 tonnes and minibuses with 9 seats or more are covered by Driver CPC if driven in the course of work. For example:
· Category B (Pre 1997 - 3.5T to 7.5T)
· Category C1 (Post 1997 - 3.5T to 7.5T)
· Category C
· Category C+E
Not completing the training will result in forfeiture of driver qualification.
This Periodic training can be given in two ways: either as individual days of at least 7 hours long (perhaps one day per year for five years) or blocks of consecutive days, up to the maximum of 35 hours during the year.
The minimum length of a training course is 7 hours contact time with the trainer. Where a course of 7 hours is split into two parts the second must start within 24 hours of completion of the first part.