The Landscape Partnership
development, planning, policy
The Landscape Partnership has a reputation for providing high-quality, independent specialist
planning services. Our chartered planners offer award-winning, environmental planning advice working alongside our other experts in landscape architecture, ecology and arboriculture.
Together, we provide an integrated approach to managing change in the built and natural
environments and delivering sustainable development. We understand the commercial pressures our clients face and we seek pragmatic and cost effective solutions.
Our involvement extends from policy formulation, site allocation, development briefs and feasibility
stages, to the negotiation of planning obligations for both Local Authorities and developers.
Our five environmental planning specialisms comprise:
1. Responding to climate change: We propose measures to help mitigate the effects of climate change and adapt the built and natural environment to address the challenge. This includes advice on innovative renewable technologies, sustainability appraisals and green infrastructure.
2. Planning for localism: We support local authorities and developers by involving communities in the development of policies, plans and projects at the local and wider scales. For example, we can provide evidence for Local Plans and Neighbourhood Plans and undertake community engagement.
3. Securing sustainable development: We undertake research, analysis and appraisals to develop proposals that reflect social, economic and environmental interests. Examples are policy formulation and appraisal at the local and wider scales (including Sustainability Apprasial, EIA and SEA) and
Green Infrastructure Proposals.
4 Developing in sensitive environments: Our planners collaborate with our landscape, ecology and arboriculture specialists to enable innovative projects. We can advise on an appropriate planning
strategy for a site and prepare master plans, planning applications and expert evidence for Planning Inquiries.
5 Managing natural resources: We have a strong track record advising on minerals, waste, energy and water-related projects. We assist local authorities in providing strategic planning guidance and advise developers on proposals. Our role includes leading planning applications, environmental impact assessments and negotiations with local authorities, statutory consultees and local stakeholders.
Specific services for private sector clients:
• Planning Feasibility Studies
• Site Allocation Studies
• Planning Applications
• Masterplanning and Design
• Environmental Impact Assessment and
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Planning Appeals and Expert Witness
Specific services for public sector clients:
• Support with Planning Policy including …
- Preparation of evidence for Local Plans and
- Open Space Studies (PPG17 standards)
- Renewable Energy Studies
- Habitats Regulations Assessments
- Sustainability Appraisal and Strategic
- Green Infrastructure Studies
• Support with Development Management Casework
including Expert Witness
, environmental impact assessment
, Environmental Planning
, expert witness
, feasibility study
, Habitat Regulations Assessment