This course has replaced the Foundation Certificate in Food Hygiene (Basic Food Hygiene) and is designed to give all food handlers an appreciation of good hygiene practice.
Who should attend
- Anyone working in a catering or hospitality setting where food is prepared, cooked and served.
- Example environments include pubs, hotels, fast-food outlets, child-minders, residential homes, nursing homes, schools, pre-schools and nursery schools.
- Temperature control
- Food safety hazards
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold handling
- Cooking, hot-handling and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
- Personal hygiene
Course dates at our West London Training Centre
- 30 April 2012 - £50 per person
- 15 May 2012 - £50 per person
- 14 June 2012 - £50 per person
- 10 July 2012 - £50 per person
- 15 August 2012 - £50 per person
- 20 September 2012 - £50 per person
- 15 October 2012 - £50 per person
- 9 November 2012 - £50 per person
- 10 December 2012 - £50 per person
- A thirty question multi-choice assessment paper (may be conducted orally)
- Candidates must achieve twenty or more correct answers to be awarded the certificate
- On successful completion, students will be awarded either a , or certificate.