In line with our goal to provide direct access and online delivery
to all data holdings, BODC announces a major enhancement to our data
The new release of the ''
facility now provides online delivery for data (~ 60,000 series) held
in the National Oceanographic Database (NODB). This encompasses
physical, geophysical, chemical and biological measurements.
The enhancements enable
- 'anonymous' searching — search prior to registration or log in.
- 'online shopping' — add data to a basket and check out your request.
- extra choice in data file formats.
- secure access control — authentication and authorisation.
- auto-delivery of approximately 40,000 data series to academic users, with around 12,500 accessible to everyone.
- auto-delivery of restricted data series to users with the correct credentials.
- user request tracking and an auto-download facility.
This opens the way to the secure delivery of BODC's data holdings via various external data portals. A (best viewed with screen resolutions of 1152x864 or greater) of the new functionality is available for you to view.
We are committed to improving our data services and your experience
of our web site. Work is continuing to bring this functionality to our
other data facilities and to enable online access to additional data. See https://www.bodc.ac.uk/data/online_delivery/nodb/