Version 2.11 of the GEBCO Grid display software is now available to
download, free of charge under licence, for use with the GEBCO gridded
bathymetric data sets. This release supersedes version 2.0, published
in February 2009, and includes the following enhancements.
The GEBCO Grid display software provides the means for displaying and
accessing the data in simple ASCII formats as well as netCDF from
- An option to export data from the GEBCO gridded
bathymetric data sets in an ASCII form suitable for conversion (using
ESRI data conversion software) to a raster file for use with ESRI
- The ability to work with a read-only version of the source data
file — this has proved useful in some cases where the software is used
over a network.
- A bug that caused the export of the GEBCO
One Minute Grid to fail if the southernmost latitude of the selected
area equalled 90°S has now been fixed.
- the GEBCO One Minute Grid — a global one arc-minute grid
- the GEBCO_08 Grid — a global 30 arc-second grid
It has been developed by BODC to run on a PC running Microsoft Windows
95 or later and is controlled by a series of drop-down menus and
toolbar buttons. Please note that the software is designed for use with the complete, global data files.
Find out and how to access it under licence.