The GEBCO Grid display software
is available to download (http://www.bodc.ac.uk/products/software_products/gebco_grid_display/), free of charge under license, for use with
the GEBCO gridded bathymetric data sets. It provides the means for displaying and accessing the data from
- the GEBCO One Minute Grid — a global one arc-minute grid
- the GEBCO_08 Grid — a global 30 arc-second grid
It has been developed by the British Oceanographic Data Centre to run on a PC running Microsoft Windows 95 or later and is controlled
by a series of drop-down menus and toolbar buttons. Please note that
the software is designed for use with the complete, global data files that are available for from BODC (http://www.bodc.ac.uk/data/online_delivery/gebco/).
Features of the GEBCO Grid display software include
- Display GEBCO's gridded bathymetric data sets on your PC screen, colour coded for depth/elevation.
- Export data in an ASCII format or netCDF.
of five map projections for display — Equidistant Cylindrical,
Mercator, Miller Cylindrical, Lambert Cylindrical Equal-Area and Polar
- Import your own file(s) of data points to display in the map area.
- Select your geographic area of interest either by chart number, by latitude and longitude limits, or by an on-screen zoom box.