Saturdays for 6 weeks starting 27th March (4 sessions)
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 certificate and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Saturday Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run Saturday sessions for those who have a busy schedule in London unable to sacrifice a working day.
- The sessions run for 5 hours, starting at 11am and finishing at 4pm, which enables you plenty of time to arrive punctually and enough time to enjoy your Saturday evening
- There are 3 full sessions and an exam session, spread out over 6 weeks. The final exam day is 11am - 2pm.
Course Outline (all Saturdays)
- 27th March - Session 1 - Tasting Technique, Grapegrowing & Winemaking
- 10th April - Session 2 - Grape Varieties
- 24th April - Session 3 - Others - Italy, Spain & Portugal, Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified wines & Spirits
- 8th May - Session 4 - Exam prep & Examination
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 25-30 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Course tutor: Jimmy Smith
Jimmy has 3 years industry experience teaching WSET, training over 650 students through both the Intermediate and Advanced certificates. With high pass rates across both certifcates and number of students gaining scholarships from Jimmy's courses, they are thoroughly enjoyable but informative and educational with ample course material available designed by Jimmy.