One of the oldest practices in holistic healing, aromatherapy is used along with many other therapeutic methods to induce relaxation and promote the many health benefits of natural and organic substances, oils, and concoctions. This particular type of holistic healing method aims to rejuvenate not only the body but also the mind and spirit using the fragrance or aroma and the pure essence of plants. It is used as an alternative as well as a complementary therapy to manage different kinds of illnesses with the help of the psychological and physiological benefits of herbal essences and essential plant oils. Pure plant essences are used and broken down through topical application, inhalation, and sometimes through ingestion. However, oral ingestion of pure plant essences or a mixture of essential oils is not recommended without the supervision of an expert aromatherapist.
Aromatherapy has a world of benefits. It promotes overall health, and helps treat various diseases and conditions, ranging from arthritis to cancer, dementia, obesity, general pains and aches, psychological and physical stress, and even dementia. While not all fragrances and scents are necessarily beneficial to the body or quality as aromatherapy, essential oils that are purely natural and organic and don't have synthetic or artificial chemicals added to them, have great therapeutic value, although they can only be realised when essences are used in a correct and safe manner. In addition to its healing power, aromatherapy offers a wide range of other benefits including:
• Emotional stability by elevating a person's state of mind – aromas and scents influence emotions and behaviour through the brain's limbic system, which controls our emotions, moods, memory, and ability to learn, in turn encouraging relaxation and rejuvenation. By altering a person's feelings and emotions, feelings of anxiety, depression, and stress are also eased.
• Medicinal, embalming, and cosmetic effects – essential oils have long been found to have excellent medicinal, therapeutic, and cosmetic benefits.
• Healthy mood and disposition – placing fragrant flowers and herbs, as well as burning incense sticks that emit special scents also promote a healthy mood in home settings.
• Stress relief – bathing in water mixed with plant and flower extracts can help relieve stress and even improve skin health.
• Restful sleep – aromatherapy also encourages sounder, and more restful sleep, which can be very helpful to people suffering from sleep-related diseases like insomnia.
• Healthy balance – aromatherapy promotes a general feeling of wellbeing, improves blood circulation, and balances hormone production.
About The Author:
This article is written by Atch Ali, who is associated with The Massage Moghuls. The Massage Moghuls is a therapeutic mobile massage company in London. We serve a wide range of clients from private to corporate firms and specialise in various types of mobile massage therapies. For more details call at 0203 291 1952 or email at email@example.com
Contact Information:Atch Ali
The Massage Moghuls
207 Regent Street
London W1B 3HH
Phone: 0203 291 1952