More and more holidaymakers are turning to self-catered accommodation as an alternative to hotels. Not only are these rentals more affordable—they also offer real advantages especially for those travelling with an entire group (such as a family). Here are some of the reasons why you should choose self catered homes and rentals instead of hotels when in London:
- Cost. If you are travelling with a large group or have a limited budget for lodging, renting a vacation home can be a practical and affordable solution, and definitely a cheaper alternative than a hotel. Compare per-head costs for weeklong stays in a hotel with weekly rates in a rental and you will see just how much money you can save. Rentals become even cheaper when you split the cost among the people in your group. Instead of staying in a cramped hotel suite where everyone is forced to stay together in a cramped room, why not stay in cheaper space?
- Flexibility. Hotels (and even B&Bs) often have strict breakfast and dining hours. With a holiday rental, you can sleep in as late as you like and just make a hot breakfast in your very own kitchen whenever you feel like it. You don't even have to wait in line just to get served at the lunch buffet. You also have the freedom to receive guests and allow the children to run around and be loud without having to worry about angry, cranky hotel guests.
- Facilities. Unlike hotels that will charge you for every move you make, rentals give you the freedom to use all the facilities stated in your agreement without having to worry about extra charges. While you may have to pick up after yourself (at least when housekeeping isn't due for the next 3 days), you still have free access to all amenities included in your rental. This may include extras like WiFi access, widescreen TVs, game rooms and equipment, or even the pool deck!
- Pet friendly. It is often hard to find hotels that are pet friendly, and those that accept pets often charge ridiculous amounts of money. It is much easier to find London rental properties that allow cats and dogs.
- Convenience. Overall, self-catered accommodation is more suitable for families with children, as well as longer-staying guests.
About The Author:
This article is written by Jennifer Bell, who is associated with . Twenty years experience of the London residential lettings market helps The London Agent to understand what clients look for in a short let. They know that your time here is short and that all you really want to do is get on with enjoying London. So enjoy London more when you stay with The London Agent.