Rhino Security London - Supply of SIA manned guards for static site and mobile site security
Rhino Security London
Rhino Security London supplies Level 2 SIA static site and mobile site security guards to venues (Peacock Bar), showrooms (Diablo Cars), offices (Whitehayes) Lighting) and high value warehousing (name and address withheld)
We choose, dress, and our personnel in line with our clients requirements. All our staff are SIA Level 2 registered in line with current UK legislation which includes police vetting and appropriate training including, health & safety, fire safety, first aid, crowd control techniques and other necessary skills. To ensure our staff fit our client requirement's. Security are often a venue's interface with the customers and need to be hosts as much as anything else.
We look closely at
1. background. We strongly prefer staff who have a proven track record of commitment, honesty and reliability. Typically our Level 2 SIA registered personnel will have been in full time employment in a responsible job (eg, ex army, teacher, administration) with a stable home life. For key personnel or where the employee will be working alone a strong background is essential but for lower level or supervised mobile /static security positions proof of punctuality, reliability, stability and honesty is genera.lly sufficient. We do not recommend university students for these kind of positions as they generally are not disciplined enough and cannot cope with the lack of activity.
2. physique. It is not essential for security to be well built but it can be helpful as a deterrent for front desk position in some circumstances. In fact some of our clients specifically prefer lighter built personnel. In our opinion clients should consider having mixed teams (ie some lightly built some strongly) in the event that the security has got to deal with intruders or nuisance situation (eg beggars, low level thieving, vandalism, graffiti, teenagers etc)
3. character. All Rhino Security staff are vetted and applicants who show in any way a aggressive or negative attitude are not selected. For manned security guards honesty integrity and an ability to handle long hours in a low stimulus environment.
4. interpersonal skills. All Rhino Security are taught the importance of being polite at all times even when having to refuse entry or delay entry (eg when dealing with couriers) whilst waiting for clearance. This includes when customers and contractors may be being abusive or impatient. Politeness’ is essential at all times both to defuse situations and to minimize inconvenience. For top end front office manned guarding excellent interpersonal skills are a must
5. dress code. We strongly advocate security being dressed smartly and not under any circumstances in "bomber jackets" "caps" or other inappropriate attire. . In general we recommend “Securicor / Sabre Watch type” manned security guard uniforms. In can be a mistake to dress manned security too smartly as can customers will be confused. We are flexible if client’s have particular dress requirements including corporate badging or uniforms
6. equipment. Again this varies from assignment to assignment but in general we recommend Motorola 2 way radio with covert earpieces. Hand held metal detectors ("wands") can also be desirable in some circumstances (eg . For government installations). Training and testing with client telephone systems, CCTV systems, and other client systems /apparatus is absolutely essential as is a proper control system and documentation procedures (ideally post event verifiable).
As well as selecting the right manned security for a venue it is also essential to supply the right "Head Security" or for larger exhibitions teams of “Head Security” The Head Security must have outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to work with the client who often require the highest standards One of the key financial advantages of using good security and Rhino Security London in particular is that you will find your customers are happier and hence more likely to return AND you may well need less security than you currently employ. We also provide random inspections and other unannounced testing to ensure our manned security operate at the highest levels of efficiency and professionalism
Rhino Security London charge a flat £13 per hour per SIA Level 2 manned security operative (note overnight, weekend supplements may apply). If you are interested in a confidential review of your possible security requirement at your venue we recommend calling Shannon O'Sullivan on 020 77735 2246. Any discussion will be treated confidentially and there is no obligation.