provides professional photographic training (for beginners and intermediates)
that gives you the knowledge and hands-on practical experience to learn how to
make correctly exposed and beautiful photographs, weekends, weekdays in London
throughout the Year.
Whether you are new with photography, want to improve your
skills or simply want to take better pictures on holiday, Photoion is the place
to learn photography quickly and effectively.
Photography Course for Beginners is a 2 day course with 50% theory and 50%
practice, exercises, practical examples, impromptu demonstrations, outdoor
shooting to try different effects and the opportunity to discuss and ask
questions after each topic.
course is suited for those who wish to understand and use digital cameras in a
very effective manner. Both digital SLR (single lens reflex – cameras with
interchangeable lenses) and compact cameras are covered but with emphasis on
The course is for beginners, for those willing to take a refresher
course in the basics of digital photography and digital cameras or for those
going on holiday who want better results.
If you don’t have a DSLR camera yet
but still want to attend the course you can use one of our spare
semi-professional DSLRs for the duration of the course. Please let us know if
you wish to use one of our cameras.
course was entirely designed by Ion with a good logical structure covering all
key aspects in digital photography and a good balance between theoretical
explanations, demonstrations and practical examples.
Introduction to Photography
* Digital Cameras
* Lenses & Focal Length
* Exposure, Light Metter, Aperture, Shutter Speeds, ISO, Focus
* Advanced Shooting Modes – Manual, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority,
* Depth of Field (DOF)
* Using the Flash
* Camera Kit – Maintenance and Care
* Resolution and File Formats
* Post Processing (basics)
learn about the principles of photography, the digital camera kit (body, lenses
+ maintenance) and the functions of the camera – aperture, shutter speed, depth
of field, exposure, and focus. You will also learn about composition, flash,
file formats and basic alterations and effects with free software.
end of this course you should be able to:
use of the advanced shooting modes (especially manual mode) on your camera
* take correctly exposed photographs in different situations (people,
cityscape, landscape, etc.)
* begin to use shutter speed, aperture and depth of field creatively
* begin to obtaining different effects
* use the flash effectively
* begin to think about combining elements and composing a photograph
* make informed decisions about resolution, file sizes and formats
* begin to understand the basics of Digital Post-Processing
* hints and tips on free digital post-processing software
the course Ion is happy to help and assist with any further questions you may
have. You can submit your photographs for feedback ask questions and discuss
your work with Ion and others online.
wish more information or to enrol please contact Ion Paciu:
e-mail: [email protected]
web courses: www.londondigitalphotographycourses.co.uk
web portfolio: www.photoion.co.uk
mobile: +44 (0) 7930609714