The MMG HLR Lookup is a service that can reduce costs dramatically by enabling you to identify numbers that have been ported to another network (MNP), subscriber identity and invalid numbers. The service covers all operators, prefixes and numbers in 200 Countries
Supports MCC / MNC MSC IMSI.
WHO SHOULD USE HLR LOOKUP?
MMG helps different types of customer achieve significant cost savings, save time and overcome issues
relating to the status and identity of a mobile number/subscriber.
- Marketers - clean up those lists or database of mobile numbers - filter out invalid numbers.
- Application providers and developers - send relevant information at the right time.
- Organisation wanting to deliver secure services - validate the identity of the mobile user.
- Operators, aggregators and service providers - avoid paying high/unexpected interworking fees, route through the least cost provider and keep your customers happy by ensuring messages get delivered.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The HLR technology we have developed provides a phone number look up within various Home Location
Registers (HLR). Our HLR technology delivers results rapidly, reliability and accurately through two
- HTTP API
- Your Browser - From the MMG platform, upload your list of numbers to be filtered/cleansed and get results back in once click! Perfect for Marketers that wish to check whether numbers are valid before sending any messages to them
WHAT RESULT CAN I GET BACK FROM AN HLR LOOK UP QUERY?
Depending on the country there will be one or more of the following possible types of information
returned as a result of a query.
MCC / MNC Codes
By having the MCC/MNC information, you can determine whether the subscriber has ported their
number to a different network compared with the operator prefix (also known as line range) of the
number. A Mobile Network Code (MNC) is used in combination with a Mobile Country Code (MCC) (also
known as a MCC/MNC tuple) to uniquely identify a mobile phone operator/carrier using the GSM, CDMA,
iDEN, TETRA and UMTS public land mobile networks and some satellite mobile networks. The ITU-T
Recommendation E.212 defines mobile country codes.
Our HLR service can query the 15 digit IMSI (International Mobile Subscriber Identity number) of the
mobile subscriber's phone number (MSISDN). The IMSI is a unique number which identifies the mobile
subscribers in GSM and UMTS networks. This IMSI information is retrieved directly from the SS7
network. Querying the IMSI provides subscriber information for authentication and authorization of the
user in mobile security applications and scenarios, such as in online banking. The knowledge on IMSI
number allows also enables certain Push to Talk (PTT) services.
MSC is short for Mobile Switching Centre.
This information is returned if the number is no longer active/subscribed to any mobile operator.