Duck Comes to the Rescue
London Duck Tours
Experience London, London Guided Tours, Guided Tours London
During the recent spate of extreme floods that have taken place across Britain and in particular the South-East, London Duck Tours were able to provide unique assistance to a London business that had been cut off by the rising water.
Over the weekend one of the bright yellow DUKW Vehicles, was able to drive through heavily flooded roads, helping to ferry World Duty Free Corporation staff to and from their warehouse in Staines, ensuring their business kept running as usual. Having the DUKW in attendance allowed the business to operate safely and to continue to trade.
World Duty Free Corporation operates 24 hours a day and would not have been able to legally continue to trade if the staff rota could not be honoured.
Managing Director of London Duck Tours, John Bigos said, “We were delighted to help, and using the DUKWs on the severity flooded roads was the perfect solution. There were scores of people taking photos of the floods and their jaws dropped open when they saw the yellow DUKW coming up the road.”
For More Information please contact:
London Duck Tours,
About London Duck Tours:
1. London Duck Tours is a sightseeing company that offers combined land and river tours from a fleet of bright yellow amphibious vehicles originally used for the D-Day landings in 1944. The company is celebrating its 10th Anniversary this year. The tour leaves from just behind the London Eye and takes approximately 75 minutes. The splashdown into the Thames takes place at our slipway, next door to MI6.
2. In 2012 (Jan-Oct) London Duck Tours-
• Ran over 7,000 tours
• Entertained over 190,000 passengers
• Educated over 2,000 children in 145 bespoke school tours
3. Contact: Kelly Thompson (PR & Marketing) Mob: 07879 041707
, Guided Tours London
, London Guided Tours