The SSSTS Course
- Understand health and safety issues in the industry
- A knowledge of how health and safety law is structured: Health and Safety Acts and the Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice and guidance notes. You will also be taught about the legal system regarding health and safety and the types of accidents which commonly occur in the construction industry.
- How health and safety legislation applies to Site Supervisors
- The importance of effective communication; discuss risks, and communicate policies, procedures and safe methods of work to your employees
- How your supervisory role fits into the management structure with regards to site safety
- How to conduct a risk assessment and appreciate the need for method statements; when conducting risk assessments you will be considering the different types of jobs that would require such assessments being created eg. working in confined spaces and working with electricity.
- Implementing control measures
- Carrying out site inductions/method statement briefings/toolbox talks
- Monitoring site activity/safety proactively and reactively
- Intervening when bad practice is identified
- What is expected of a Site Supervisor
Assessment & Certification
During the 2 day course various group projects are undertaken and assessed by the tutor. At the end of Day 2 students take a short multiple choice exam.
Upon passing students are awarded the Construction Skills (CITB) SSSTS – Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme certificate. We offer a Guaranteed Pass Policy to all our students.
Who Needs to Take a SSSTS Course?
If you are taking on a supervisory role on a construction site you will need to be trained in Health and Safety. This two day SSSTS training course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities.
The SSSTS course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites.
- Guaranteed Pass Policy
- Experienced Tutors
- Weekend and weekday courses
- Friendly environment