The SMSTS Course
This 5 day course is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce.
The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries.
It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
Aims and Objectives
To help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
· manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role
· develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare
· recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of, and able to:
· implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
· implement new guidance and industry best practice
· state their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, and the environment.
Assessment and Certification
The method of assessment will be by exercises, a case study and an end of course examination. Certificates are valid for 5 years. At the end of the 5 years a 2 day SMSTS Refresher course will certify the candidates for a further 5 years.
Delegates are required to attend all sessions, since without full attendance the Construction Site Manager’s Safety Certificate will not be awarded.
Our pass rate for these SMSTS Courses is in excess of 97%. The remaining 3% of students have passed at second sitting which is free of charge under our standard Guaranteed Pass policy.
- Classroom training
- Practical exercises
- Friendly environment
- Experienced tutors