Central London is definitely one of the most desirable places to stay in when you are considering a big move or a short vacation in the British capital. This bustling area is a unique cluster of government offices, embassies, headquarters, financial and business districts, entertainment and nightlife hubs—virtually all things happening in the city. Central London is also home to beautiful neighbourhoods where you can enjoy your stay, whether you’re on a short holiday or thinking of moving for good. ? Here’s a list of the area’s happening localities:
- Camden Town –The centre of London's underground music scene, this neighbourhood is appealing to the younger crowd. With its snazzy pop music venues, large open-air shopping areas, fashion strips, and some delightfully mysterious and unexplored areas, Camden Town is an adventure all by itself. It is close to many important London attractions and is home to Regent's Park, which lies south of the neighbourhood.
- Hackney – This neighbourhood may be in one of the poorer parts of London, but it has a vibrant street life that offers much to love. If you are into eclectic cafes, shops, and restaurants, choose areas like Stoke Newington Church Street and Dalston, which is also known for its charming studios and galleries.
- Islington – The home of London's liberal elite, this borough also has its rough edges. It has a thriving theatre scene and hip nightlife scene centred on the hip and happening restaurants, bars, and clubs of Upper Street. It is also home to King's Head Theatre, and the Arsenal, along with a beautiful canal stretch.
- Kensington –This real estate gold mine is definitely one of the most desirable areas to live in Central London, with its multi-million pound residences and affluent neighbourhoods right between Notting Hill and Kensington High Street. Kensington is home to the beautiful Kensington Palace and Holland Park, along with the retail haven that is Kensington High Street. The Paris Hippodrome Circus also calls Kensington its home.
- London City – This historic area is now the nation's thriving financial centre. By night, London City is one of the most stunning sights in the country, with its glittering and towering skyscrapers and admirable ancient buildings, which includes the famed St. Paul's Cathedral. It’s one of the more affluent areas in Central London, but it still offers great accommodation options for smaller budgets.
About The Author:
This article is written by Katy Charlton, who is associated with . Home House Estates is central London real estate and letting agents specialising in residential property for sales, lettings and investment. They have been providing high class, beautifully furnished central London houses for 75 years and have a good experience as a real estate and letting agent.