Delegates learn how to:
· Shape and pace an article
· Write lively copy and intriguing intros
· Understand the differences between writing news releases and writing feature material
· Use a system for writing swiftly and to a word count
· Identify angles which will interest a publication's readership
· Develop interviewing skills to enhance ghost writing and information gathering
Understanding Feature Articles
The distinction between news and features. The importance of the role
of features. Understanding the twenty basic types of feature article.
How to spot feature angles in your day-to-day work.
The intro and its vital role in a feature article. Why some intros work
and others don't. How to use the four golden rules of intro writing to
engage the interest of your readers.
Shaping the Article
Ways of structuring, styling and ending your article for maximum
impact. How to write swiftly to a word count. Why the word count is
Researching your Article
Interviewing skills that will make your article more authoritative and
balanced. Using those skills to handle the internal politics
surrounding feature articles.