Delegates learn how to:
· Understand what networks are out there and how to harness them
· Talk the talk of the social media world
· Respect the rules and etiquette of operating as an organisation in this world
· Think virally to target your audience
· Use the concept of a funwall as an alternative to mass email campaigns
· Measure and evaluate a social media networking campaign
The Social Networking Landscape
What is out there? Examining the famous, infamous and emerging social
networks; their demographics and cultures. The language of the social
media. How to talk the talk. The critical importance of the etiquette
of the social media. How failing to respect it can damage corporate
reputations. How networks work. How to approach them.
Strategies for Using Social Networks
Winning strategies behind creating a successful campaign in the social
media world. Building brand loyalty and creating advocates. How
creative can you be? Ensuring interaction with your target audience.
Thinking virally and creating push campaigns. Using social networks to
Tactics in the Social Networking World
How to set up and moderate discussion groups in social networks.
Joining established groups. Creating a profile page that recruits fans.
The funwall and why mass e-mails are so yesteryear. Creating an
alternative to e-mail campaigns. Incorporating sound and vision into
your page. Creating badges that link to your company website. Using
social networking tools including widgets, pokes, polls, beacons and
Integration and evaluation Integrating your
social media strategy with a wider on-line and off-line campaign. The
importance of rewards in the social media world. Measuring and
evaluating a social media networking campaign.