Delegates learn how to:
· Write persuasive letters, emails and reports
· Structure written communication to deliver information easily and carry busy readers to a desired conclusion
· Write effective e-mails
· Write clear, stylish business letters
· Punctuate their writing properly to avoid "baulking".
· Explain complex procedures simply
Getting to Grips with Grammar
A look at the foundations of effective writing. A friendly introduction
to the most common mistakes made with punctuation. A chance to practise
the basic skills that are so important.
Some of the pitfalls of bad business writing. How to ensure that
complex information is being delivered in an understandable format.
Focusing attention on the needs of the reader. Better business letters.
Writing to Motivate
Using the motivated sequence outline system for persuasive letters. The
ten commandments of effective communication. Using a reader centred
Reports that get Read A look at the various
structures of reports. Specific examples of formats for different
levels of reader. Ways to clarify complicated subjects.
Each session takes the form of demonstration, discussion and practice.
Examples are shown of good and bad practice. Delegates prepare their
own letters, emails and reports.