How to Lead and Motivate Teams
Delegates learn how to:
· Create and communicate a clear vision of where they want their team to go
· Value individuals as team members
· Identify and manage the "team life-cycle"
· Use the leadership style appropriate to the individuals being led
· Motivate themselves and others to achieve success
· Develop responsibility, accountability and creativity within their team
What is Leadership?
The differences between leadership and management. The key components
of effective leadership. Assessing your current level of ability in
relation to each of them. Individual & Team Goal Alignment Why team
members act in different ways. The concept of personal maps. Using this
concept to align personal and team goals.
Team Life-cycle & Leadership Style
Recognising the classic team life-cycle and its implications for
productivity and leadership style. The situational leadership model and
the need to adapt your leadership style to the needs of the people
Exploring Motivation Individual motivational
traits. How to motivate others. Motivational theory (Maslow, Hertzberg)
and how this relates to practical motivation.