Delegates learn how to:
· Develop a strategic approach to securing media coverage
· Think about news from the perspective of a journalist
· Identify the six types of stories that make the news every day
· Get the messages they want into the media
· Develop narratives that help sell the same story more than once
· Use tried and tested techniques to spice up the dullest story
· Increase the amount of media coverage they secure
What makes an attractive news story
A fun, light and interactive session to get delegates thinking about
news from a journalist's perspective. It introduces the six categories
Planning for Success A more technical session
providing participants with the tools to take a step by step approach
to securing media coverage. It introduces a basic template covering
five key areas for gaining the right kind of media coverage.
Grabbing your Audience
A varied session, that explores the art of story-telling in general. It
then lays particular emphasis on grabbing the audience's attention from
the outset. Finally, delegates are shown how to develop narratives that
will help them tell the same story over and over again.
How to Sell any Story you Want
A fun and fast-moving final session to finish the day on a high. The
session looks at 15 sure-fire ways of generating coverage for even the
most boring product.