Delegates learn how to:
· Establish firm, lasting contacts based on mutual respect
· Stay in touch even when there is not a lot happening
· Pitch their stories effectively
· Deal with controversial issues without harming working relationships
· Brief journalists and line managers to focus media interviews to the best effect
· Make creative use of press events to get appropriate stories across
The New Media Landscape
How the media landscape is changing. How PR practitioners can tap into
the new opportunities this presents to build lasting relationships.
Understanding how various categories of media operate.
Pitching your Story
How to approach a journalist with your story. Getting the timing and
tone right. Tips and techniques for making your pitch more effective.
Developing compelling story angles. Mastering a system for
understanding what makes news.
Organising Effective Press Events
When to use press events to make an announcement. The advantages and
disadvantages of events. Selecting the right event for your
announcement. Building creativity into event planning. Logistics
management and quality control.
Communicating through the Media Becoming a media resource. Effective interview technique. Driving the agenda and dealing with negative issues.