Foreman Roberts Consulting Limited
Why Foreman Roberts?
As an organization we have the strong view that the CDM Coordinator needs
to be a person with a number of years experience within the industry. By
coordinating; communicating and co-operating as a team with the CDM
Coordinator facilitating; early safe solutions are achieved.
All Foreman Roberts’ CDM Coordinators are Registered members of the Association for Project Safety.
Foreman Roberts originally provided the duties of the Planning Supervisor, as defined by the CDM Regulations 1994. Our procedures have been further developed to carry out the role of CDM Coordinator, and have created a common methodology in producing and formatting data and procedure.
• Are able to offer an efficient service through established company procedures.
• Do not have any conflict of interest when assisting the Client in the
• assessment of competence and adequacy of resources of either the designers • or principal contractor.
• Do not have any conflict of interest when assessing the health & safety
• implications of design decisions.
• Integrates health & safety into the project management process for improved
• planning from the start.
• Employs professionals from both design and former construction disciplines
• and thereby has first hand knowledge of the health and safety implications of
• design decisions.
• Employs professionals selected for their experience in the industry, at all
• levels of cost and complexity.
• Has offices in the UK to provide the expertise and resources of a national
• company at local level.
Foreman Roberts have developed systems that support effectively the various design and procurement procedures, yet remain flexible enough to meet specific project or Client requirements. Our methodology has been refined to allow the design team to work unhindered by unnecessary bureaucracy, with the overall aim of providing added value to a project. For example:
• In order to establish an early understanding of the Health and Safety issues on
• a project, Foreman Roberts will facilitate a ‘CDM workshop’. The format being
• an open forum brain-storming session, whereby the whole team methodically
• review each element of the project to determine how the design of one
• discipline may affect the design of another, and continue throughout the project
• with similar review workshops at Design Team meetings.
If you need any further assistance then please contact our Senior CDM
Coordinator Alan Brain in the first instance. [email protected]
DDI: +44 (0)20 7089 1559