To equip supervisors who have day to day responsibility with the
knowledge, understanding and practical expertise to implement, maintain
and monitor good standards of health and safety.
- Concept of health and safety
- Accidents in the workplace
- Ill health in the workplace
- Legal provisions
- Health and safety organisation and management
- Supervising health and safety
A minimum of 18 hours instruction over three days.
The course includes lectures enhanced by audio/visual material and
practical teaching aids. Delegates are encouraged to actively
participate in discussion sessions and group activities. Some activities
will require independent or group research and the presentation of
Course delegates are required to sit a 2 hour multiple choice examination immediately after completing the course.