To equip supervisors who have day to day responsibility with the
knowledge, understanding and practical expertise to implement, maintain
and monitor good food hygiene procedures. This course will also cover
the requirements of HACCP and therefore help companies to demonstrate
compliance Regulation (EC) 852/2004.
- General introduction to food hygiene
- Applying and monitoring good hygiene practice
- Temperature control
- Workplace and equipment design
- Waste disposal, cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Personal hygiene standards of staff
- Contribution to staff training
- Implementation of food safety management procedures
- Food safety management tools
A minimum of 18 hours instruction over three days. The course
includes lectures enhanced by visual materials. Delegates are encouraged
to actively participate in discussion sessions and group activities.
Some activities will require independent or group research and the
presentation of material.
Course delegates are required to sit a 2 hour written examination on
the last day of the course. Successful candidates receive a certificate
from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
Unit Managers, Supervisors and Sous Chefs