BUSINESS FRANCE UK
wave energy, Wave Power, Marine Renewable Energy
THE INTERNATIONAL MARINE RENEWABLE ENERGY CONFERENCE IN NANTES, NEXT 20-21 MAY
A one-of-a-kind opportunity to identify the potential of the French MRE market…
- Tidal turbines: With a Potential capacity of 12.5 GW from a number of sites, such as Raz Blanchard (Cherbourg) and Fromveur, Ile d'Ouessant. Two further demonstration tidal energy projects are under development.
- Offshore wind turbines: 3,000 MW under development sponsored by EDF, GDF, DONG and EDPr. A 3rd request for proposals should be launched in late 2015 (Q3-2015 for English speakers) to reach a target of 6,000 MW.
- Floating wind turbines: A pilot project will be unveiled at the SEM-REV test site off the Nantes coast.
…and discover the extent of its development in France.
Discover the expertise available in the Pays de la Loire region through visits to sites dedicated to marine energy:
- The ALSTOM factory, which manufactures alternators for the Haliade offshore wind turbine;
- The STX France shipyard, one of the leading players in the MRE sector;
- The MRE logistics hub in Nantes, St Nazaire - Grand Port Maritime,
- The University (Ecole Centrale de Nantes), R&D laboratory (Technocampus Ocean), technical centres (CSTB, IFSTTAR, CIRV) and Le Carnet test site, dedicated to marine eco-technologies.
Thetis MRE lets you share the experiences of experts world-wide on the theme of "Marine renewable energy: from opportunities to industrial realities" at 4 plenary conferences on the challenges for the sector and 5 themed workshops devoted to fixed offshore wind turbines, floating offshore wind turbines, test sites, wave energy and tidal wind turbines.
The goal of these sessions is to review the current MRE situation in Europe, Asia and North America in order to examine initial results and the potential for development.
Organised with the support from the Pays de la Loire region, at the heart of the Nantes St Nazaire industrial area, Thetis MRE should bring together 400 exhibitors and attract nearly 4,000 visitors: 40% international visitors, manufacturers, decision makers, SMEs, design offices, research centres, schools and universities. The event is sponsored by DCNS, GDF SUEZ, ALSTOM, BESSE, CMN, EDF, RTE and SCOTTISH DEVELOPMENT INTERNATIONAL.
For more information about the Thetis convention please see www.thetis-emr.com
About Thetis MRE: The Thetis MRE international convention was created in 2011 to meet the needs and expectations of key players in the emerging marine renewable energy sector, bringing them together to share their experiences and boost the development of this "green" energy as a source of "blue" growth.
Thetis MRE offers a varied programme aimed at both specialists and individuals who want to know more about the "MRE community"
To find out: Thetis MRE
For further information please contact
Mrs Anne Dessemond
Press Office - BUSINESSFRANCE London
SW1Y 4SP 6 UK
View other press releases at : www.businessfrance.com/uk
Marine Renewable Energy
, wave energy
, Wave Power