Befriending – a scheme for adults who are experiencing mental health problems and who are lonely and socially isolated.
· Individual Befriending: volunteers meet clients for an hour on a weekly basis.
· Group Befriending takes place every two weeks on Mondays at 1pm to 4.30pm
Contact Service - provides free information, advice and support to people on all mental health matters.
· People seeking help can get in touch with Contact Service Mon – Fri from 10am to 4pm. No appointments necessary.
Counselling - one to one counselling for people living in Brent.
· Brent Mind offers GP Referral and Self-Referral Counselling (Monday to Thursday).
Housing – offers high quality supported housing for people who experience or have experienced mental distress.
Hearing Voices – scheme helping people cope with and manage their voice hearing.
· Hearing Voices Group meets every other Wednesday from 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
Horizon Drop In – a regular group session for adults over 18 with mental health needs, who can socialise and get involved in a variety of activities.
· Drop In takes place on Tuesdays from 4pm to 7pm and Fridays from 2pm to 4pm.
Mind Map – the project trains 16-25 year olds to deliver and design workshops that educate young people on mental health issues and how to deal with them. Mind Map works with various schools and youth organisations across the borough.
Rainbow – a weekly social group for women over 50 experiencing mental distress which aims to provide therapeutic and stimulating activities and trips.
· Rainbow Group meets every Thursday at 10am for three hours.
Healthy Minds in HealthyBodies – a programme which aims to improve mental health by involving people in a wide variety of physical activities.
· Activities such as: Football, Aquafit, Badminton, Gym Sessions, Tai Chi, Yoga and Keep Fit take place at Willesden Sports Centre from Monday to Friday.