confidentiality means that personal and/or medical information given to a
health care provider will not be disclosed to others unless the patient has
given informed consent.
What can I Expect from Working with a
number of benefits are available from participating in psychotherapy. Often it
is helpful just to know that someone understands. Therapy can provide a fresh
perspective on a difficult problem, identify negative and positive behavioural
patterns or point you in the direction of a solution. Many people find therapy
to be a powerful asset to facilitating personal growth, interpersonal
relationships, family concerns, and the inconveniences of daily life. The
benefits you achieve from therapy depend on how well you use the process and
put into practice what you have gained.
I Don't know What my Goals are for Therapy?
aren't sure what your goals are for therapy, your first task is to figure that
out. It may take several sessions before a direction is clarified. During the course
of therapy your goals maychange. However, establishing a direction for therapy
will help you get the most out of the experience.
are the Benifits of Counselling and Psychotherapy?
• Give you a better understanding of yourself. You will come to
see how past influences shape the ways you think about yourself and others and
how you relate to your world.
• understanding yourself better helps you to understand others better.
• Assists in managing stress and meeting life’s challenges.
• Increases confidence. You'll feel more positive in your life.
• Increases choice and helps provide direction.
• Counselling/psychotherapy doesn’t do away with difficult times but provides
you with greater inner resources to manage them.
• Can assist you to connect to your unique life story, to make sense of the
past and to find those experiences that life is drawing you towards.
Experiencing your life as a coherent and meaningful story will assist you to
find direction, provide you with increased energy and leave you feeling happier
and more fulfilled.
are the Benefits of Couples Counselling?
• To better understand self and partner
• Learn to identify barriers to effective
• Learn more useful ways of communicating with each
other that will assist you in resolving your differences.
• Better understand the differences between men and
women, including their different ‘languages' and ways of experiencing the
world. Understanding these differences helps couples avoid misunderstandings
and assists in establishing mutuality within the relationship.
• Be helped to find more creative ways of engaging
with each other to restore interest, enjoyment, intimacy and joy to the