With a whopping 490 million registered users worldwide, YouTube is arguably the most versatile of all the social networking platforms and the perfect vehicle for promoting businesses of all sizes. Sign up to YouTube and you’ll get your own customisable channel on which to showcase your videos.
Here are 10 Proven Tips for Connecting with Your Customers via YouTube:
1. Reach Out To Your Target Audience
Start ‘great conversations’ that will get your customers engaged. When people feel involved with your organisation, they are more likely to keep tuning in for your next offering.
2. Keep Content Fresh (and Frequent)
When individuals subscribe to your ‘channel’ they are notified whenever you upload a new video. Try to create content as regular intervals to maintain interest and establish a rapport with your audience.
3. Make Your Videos Short & Snappy
Under five minutes generally works best.
4. Be Yourself
Appear genuine and your video will be far more compelling than those whose efforts come across as overly-scripted, or contrived.
5. Embed Your Videos into Your WebsiteOnce you’ve posted your video on YouTube, it makes sense to add the same content to your business’s website. Simply copy and paste the HTML text into your web page.
6. Use YouTube to Create a Direct Dialogue With Your Audience
What are the most frequently asked questions about your company’s products or services? Why not make a list of the most popular topics and address them through your video postings.
7. Respond to Relevant News Items
Has something major in your industry just hit the headlines? Post a video explaining your organisation’s stance on the latest developments. Also be on the look out for opportunities to respond to other people’s videos, which will then link back to yours.
8. Create Your Own YouTube Promotional Videos
You can create your own advertising promotions on YouTube in the same way you might use Google Adwords. Simply select your keywords and add promotional text. You only pay when people click on your video, after they’ve read your introduction.
9. Use the Free Analytics Tool to Evaluate Your Visitors
It’s easy to obtain detailed audience data for every video you upload. YouTube Insight provides demographics of your visitors by age, gender, location – even the search terms used to find your video – invaluable information when planning your next marketing campaign.
10. Combine Your Social Media Strategies for Maximum Impact
YouTube boasts an average of more than 400 tweets per minute containing a YouTube link. Over on Facebook, a staggering 150 years’ worth of YouTube videos are watched every single day. Therefore it makes sense to use the full range of social media platforms to leverage your video content.