The House of Creed was founded in 1760 when James Henry Creed opened his first shop in London. It rapidly became a favourite of the aristocracy and soon Queen Victoria appointed Creed as an official supplier to the royal household.
Eventually Creed was adopted by all the courts of Europe: Napoléon III and Empress Eugénie of France, Emperor Franz-Joseph and Empress Sissi of Austro-Hungary, Queen Christina of Spain.
In 1854, under the patronage of Empress Eugénie, the House of Creed moved to Paris where it established a firm reputation for the rare beauty, quality and exclusivity of its fragrances.
Today Olivier Creed, direct descendant of James Henry Creed, and now his son Erwin continue this great tradition.
As the company’s “Créateur Pafumeur” Olivier travels extensively to personally seek out the purest rose essences from Bulgaria, Turkey or Morocco as well as Italian jasmine, irises from Florence, Tuberose from India or genuine Parma violets.
Creed also manufactures many of its own essences using the traditional infusion technique – a process now abandoned as too costly by the modern perfume industry, but one which enables Creed to maintain the superior quality and originality of its fragrances.
Wherever appropriate Olivier Creed insists on using the highest quality natural essences in preference to the cheaper synthetic alternatives that are used increasingly by large perfume companies.
The components are then weighed, mixed, macerated and filtered, all by hand, before being blended to create extraordinary fragrances which are shipped to only the finest department stores and specialist retailers worldwide.