Change of name service

By: Deed Poll Office  07/11/2013
Keywords: legal advice, legal service, legal documents

We give advice about how to change your name and prepare the legal documents you''ll need to update all your official documents and records, including on your passport and driving licence.

Normally the document you'll need is a deed poll—hence the expression, "changing your name by deed poll."

Our service is available to all UK residents, and British nationals overseas—including both adults and children.

Our experience covers many kinds of unusual or complex circumstances, including:

  • •  if you've lost your deed poll
  • •  if you've changed your name in the past
  • •  if you've changed your name more than once, or you're known by more than one name
  • •  parental disputes / absent parents
  • •  changing your name overseas / proving your change of name overseas
  • •  unusual changes of name
  • •  foreign nationals (in the UK), refugees, asylum seekers, people applying for UK citizenship
  • •  legally changing your gender
  • •  changing your title

We run a free advice service (by telephone / e-mail)—which you can use before you make any payment. (We only need you to make a payment once you've decided to go ahead with your change of name with us.)

Keywords: Change Of Name Deed, Deed Poll, legal advice, legal documents, legal service