We can conduct structural investigations reports on modern or traditional
buildings, whether they are residential, commercial or industrial properties.
The are three main types of structural investigation reports that we carry
- Elemental or Specialist Structural Investigation (SSI) report
also known as defects diagnosis/ building pathology. This
type of investigation is carried out where concern exists over
specific parts of, or defects in, a property. Examples of this
specialist work are the detailed study of movement, cracking,
bulging, timber decay of a structure.
- General Structural Investigation (GSI) report, in which a
whole property is investigated in full. This report may
recommend an Elemental or Specialist Structural Investigation
(SSI) report be undertaken or other specialist advice be
sought relating to specific issues.
- Investigation Prior to Alteration (IPA) report. This may be
required prior to the extension or alteration of an existing
building. Subject to the necessary authority from the building
owner, it may involve opening up, measuring, calculations to
check the adequacy of the existing structural elements.
Other types of investigation include:
- Fire damage assessments
- Disproportionate collapse assessments
- Wind loading assessments
- Change of use assessments
- Existing load capacity assessments