Consent order on divorce

By: Nicola Williams Solicitor  10/11/2015
Keywords: Consent order divorce

If you have an agreement about dividing your property or maintenance or if one of you is going to receive part of the other's pension, you can ask the court to approve your agreement. Once this has been done it has the force of a court order and is therefore enforceable. This type of agreed order is known as a consent order. Please note that you must have an absolute agreement with your spouse/civil partner before a consent order can be submitted to court and both of you must sign the document. You must also disclose to each other and to the court finanical and other relevant information to enable a consent order to be made.

Keywords: Consent order divorce

Contact Nicola Williams Solicitor


Print this page

Other products and services from Nicola Williams Solicitor


Separation Agreement

Separation agreements are contracts between separating spouses/civil partners and as long as they are properly drawn up and satisfy the