Working holiday travel insurance

Working holiday travel insurance from Navigator Travel Insurance

By: Navigator Travel Insurance  24/11/2009
Keywords: travel insurance, backpacking, backpacker

If you're planning a gap year or working overseas, or off on a volunteer project, it is essential to ensure that your travel insurance policy covers you for accidents in the workplace. Many policies do not. Heavy manual labour is not covered, or work of a clearly hazardous nature, including the use of heavy machinery, even power tools, but our policies will cover light manual work including conservation projects. It is important that you are aware that work-related Third Party Liability claims arising from working are never covered. The thinking is that your employer should have Employers Liability cover in place, but in some countries and while volunteering, it is common for this not to be the case. So, if you cause injury to someone else, or damage their property and they try and sue you, these travel insurance policies will not cover you. Examples of some of the work that we regularly cover are restaurant and bar work, office work, fruit and vegetable picking, conservation projects, working with animals, ranching etc.

Keywords: backpacker, backpacking, student travel, travel insurance, worldwide travel insurance

Contact Navigator Travel Insurance


Print this page