Travel insurance for motorcycling and motorcycle touring

Travel insurance for motorcycling and motorcycle touring from Navigator Travel Insurance

By: Navigator Travel Insurance  24/11/2009
Keywords: travel insurance, backpacking, backpacker

Many travel insurance policies say that they cover motorcycling, but when you look closely, you discover that you are resticted to 125cc or even 50cc. Our Navigator and Voyager policies will cover motorcycle touring with no restriction on the cc of the bike, as long as you hold a full license to ride the bike that is ridden. You must wear a crash helmet, even if local law does not insist on it. The motorcycle itself is not covered and Third Party Liability claims arising from motorcycling (or driving any motor vehicle) are not covered. These things should be covered by your motorcycle insurance. So, if you are planning a long range motorcycle tour, perhaps down from the USA to South America or from Europe through Africa or Asia, these are the policies for you. However, it is imperative in your planning that you pay close attention to Foreign Office advice. You cannot be covered in areas where the FO warn against "all travel to" or "all but essential travel to". Many of these journeys take you briefly through regions in these categories.

Keywords: backpacker, backpacking, travel insurance, worldwide travel insurance

Contact Navigator Travel Insurance


Print this page