The Phantomcurtain motor is an electrically operated, automatic curtain opening and closing unit. It is designed to operate on any shape or length of heavy duty continuous corded track (3mm diameter cord) providing the weight of pull on the cord is not greater than 8kg. With its unique design it can be fitted either way round on the wall, allowing easy installation for right and left hand corded tracks.
The Phantomcurtain motor can be wall mounted in any position provided that the cords enter the top slot in line with the drive pulley and do not chafe the sides of the housing. It is recommended that the unit be situated low down so the curtains can be opened and closed by hand in case of power failure.
• In case of cord failure, the motor only runs for 1 minute before cutting out, preventing overheating.
• Voltage: 220/240V 50Hz 2A
• Size: 153mm high x 67mm deep x 132mm
• Finish: White powder coated steel
• Switching: Momentary pulsed 12V DC
• Pull: 1-8kg
• Weight: 1.7kg
• Speed: 11cm/sec
• Motor: 12V DC
• Remote push button – on 2m of cable.
• Radio control – operate your curtains from the comfort of your own chair.
• Timer – ideal for when you are out or on holiday. The unit can still be operated by a push button or radio control. For example, if the sun is out it is possible to close the curtains. When they are due to close in the evening, the unit will sense that they are closed and leave them closed. If left, the curtains will then open in the morning at the set time. A table lamp can also be connected to the timer so that when the curtains close the light comes on for a set time period after which the light will go off.
• Light Sensor – automatic operation at dusk and dawn.
*These options or a combination of them can be added at any time.
• Tools required for fitting: Drill and screwdriver, fixing kit provided.
• The unit is fitted to the wall behind the curtains.
• The curtain opening distance is programmed using the set button on the base of the unit, thus eliminating bunching.
• The pressure can be adjusted according to the weight of the curtains.
• The track should be lubricated regularly with a silicon spray.
• It may be necessary to adjust the pressure from time to time.
• All products are designed and manufactured in the UK by Lukes Engineering Co. Ltd, and are guaranteed for 12 months from date of purchase.