Hepburn & Associates
surveyor, chartered surveyor, building surveyor
Building Survey (Formally called a Structural Survey) A Building Survey is suitable for all residential properties and goes beyond the limitations of the HomeBuyer Report providing a full picture of the construction and repair condition of the visible parts of the property. It diagnoses defects, suggests remedies and it also comments on future maintenance requirements. It is a custom report tailored to the client’s individual requirements and includes extensive technical information on construction and materials used as well as details of the whole range of significant defects.
It is especially suitable for property which is:-
1. of unusual construction or style/type
2. is dilapidated or in poor condition
3. is substantially altered or extended
4. in need of renovation
5. is large or above 4 bedrooms
6. Period or Listed
1. detailed advice on future maintenance requirements;
2. a comprehensive photographic record of the property and any problems areas;
3. we are happy to comment specifically on any areas of concern you may have ;
4. we can comment on any proposed alterations or extensions you may be planning;
5. advice on necessary legal enquires prior to purchase;
6. a complimentary copy of the report can be sent direct to your legal advisers so that they are made aware of any additional legal enquires required;
7. a verbal report of any major problems or areas of concern on the afternoon following the inspection or within 24hrs.
A valuation is not normally included in a Building Survey (RICS requirement) but can be added by arrangement, subject to a small fee increase.
, chartered surveyor
, structural survey