Anti foul Paint Removal
Arctic Fox Dry Ice Cleaning
blast cleaning, paint removal
Dry Ice Blasting is particularly effective for removing antifouling paint/treatments on boats.
The benefits of using dry ice blasting to clean boat hulls are:-
1. It is extremely quick – as you can see from the videos
2. It is very effective – as you can see from the videos
3. No damage is sustained to the boat as with other methods, such as sand or grit blasting – this is because as the ice hits the surface of it sublimates (this means it expands by 5oo times and instantaneously turns from the solid state into a gas state, and this, together with the thermal differentials between the antifoul paint – and the boat surface, blasts off the paint ) leaving the boat surface unaltered and the gel coat protected.
4. This system is adjustable – the pressure at which the ice is blasted through the nozzle can be adjusted to suit the amount of contaminant(anti foul paint) and the substrate (surface of the boat/gel coat) ensuring no abrasion takes place. To the same effect we can also reduce the size of the ice pellets to ensure no damage is caused.
5. Because the ice disappears back into the atmosphere, dry ice cleaning does not produce any by product contaminated waste to clean up and dispose of – only the original contaminant (the old antifoul paint). According to the article in Yachting Monthly (see link at bottom of page) this may be a problem in the future for the yachting world due to the toxicity of the antifoul paint.
6. Dry Ice Cleaning is completely chemical free – Arctic Fox Dry Ice Cleaning uses ice which has been produced as a by product of processing sugar beet to make ethanol to be used in petrol to comply with EU laws on green petrol.
, paint removal