ITEC Massage Diploma
college, Holistic Massage
The course will cover:
Massage Theory and Practice
· History & development of Massage · Why and how it works · Massage Benefits · Principles of Holistic Body Massage · How to develop a massage routine for each client · How to develop a holistic approach – mind, body and soul
· Holistic Massage techniques · Massage contraindications
· Awareness of muscles / bones on human body Anatomy. Pathology and Physiology Cell Structure Skin Cellular Composition Muscular and Skeletal Systems Cardiovascular - Heart and Blood Circulation Lymphatic System - Lymph glands and production of Tissue Fluid Neurological System - Brain and Nervous Tissue Endocrine System - Main endocrine organs and role of hormones Respiratory System - Lungs and air pathways Reproductive system Urinary System - Kidneys and water metabolism Principles and Practice of Complementary Therapies History and origins of therapiesLaws legislation and government actsCodes of Practice and EthicsKey elements of good practice Health, Safety & Hygiene for Complementary Therapies Health & Safety LegislationComplying with Health & Safety LegislationEmployers' and employees health safety responsibilitiesRisk AssessmentHygiene Procedures
Course Requirements: · None. It is a beginners course for learners wishing to start a career in complementary therapy via the massage route. ITEC recommends that learners should have achieve a level of education equivalent to 5 GCSE’s at grades A*-C prior to commencing the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Massage. However exemptions may be made for adult returners with experience e of the workplace.
· 12 completed case studies
· Portfolio of assignments In Future
Qualification Gained: ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Massage ITEC qualifications are the best way to start your career in the beauty, complementary and sports industries. Recognised in over 35 countries worldwide; an ITEC qualification will help you wherever you choose to work. ITEC qualifications have been accredited by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority, on behalf of the Department for Education and Skills in the UK. All qualifications comply with the National Occupational Standards where they exist and are supported by the National Training Organisations.
For course dates visit or call 07917147302
, Holistic Massage