- History & development of Aromatherapy
- Why and how it works
- Physiological therapeutic effects of essential oils & aromatherapy
- In depth knowledge of over 40 essential oils
- How to blend Aromatherapy oils to suit a client
- Use, care and storage of essential oils
- A knowledge of carrier oils
- The holistic approach - treating the whole person
- Basic knowledge and recognition of skin types
- Professionalism, Ethics and Hygiene
- Aromatherapy Massage Routine
- Exploration of living plants from which aromatherapy oils are made
- An accredited and approved diploma in Anatomy and Physiology (A&P) and Massage.
- A practical examination lasting 1 hour.
- 60 completed case studies
Once you have completed the qualification, you may:
- Start your own full time / part time therapy business offering Aromatherapy
- Help friends and family by providing treatments
- Study further ITEC courses in Aromatherapy, Indian Head Massage,
Beauty Therapy, Ayurvedic Massage, Thai Massage, Hot Poultice Massage.
- Work in spas, health clubs, reports, beauty salons
- Become mobile therapist
ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy
ITEC qualifications are the best way to start your career in the
beauty, complementary and sports industries. Recognised in over 35
countries worldwide; an ITEC qualification will help you wherever you
choose to work.
ITEC qualifications have been accredited by the Qualifications and
Curriculum Authority, on behalf of the Department for Education and
Skills in the UK. All qualifications comply with the National
Occupational Standards where they exist and are supported by the
National Training Organisations.
- Course starting on: 26 – 28 Feb (3days), 27-28 Mar (2days), 30 Apr. Exam in May 2011
- Course starting on: 21 May, 22 May, 25 Jun, 26 Jun, 27 Aug, 24 Sep. Exam in Oct 2011
- Timing: 9:30 to 6 on all days except for Sunday where it will be 10 till 3pm.
- Payment: £195 as booking deposit.
- Rest payable via monthly installment of £100.00
Included in Fees:
Exam Registration Fee
Not Included in Fees:
We do not take more than 10 learners per batch. So you can be
assured to small group and intensive training. This is a very popular
course so book early as places are limited. Booking early will also help us to post your pre course reading material so that you can start your studies.
ITEC qualifications are internationally recognised. You will be able
to obtain professional indemnity insurance and professional membership
of any Therapy body such as FHT, CthA, BMC, etc.